This handy little pop-up covers all the major topics when using the Continuing Education Portal (CEP). Topics include:
- CEP Accounts (how, what and why)
- Registering for courses
- Accessing & troubleshooting courses
Can't find the answers you need? Let us know so we can help! You can either use our contact form or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact our help desk at 614.947.6222 or email@example.com.
We've provided a set of FAQs below pertaining to the CCE in general. If you are looking for information specifically related to the CEP, course registration, or online course access, please check the CEP Assistant.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for courses?
Check out our CEP Assistant, a handy little pop-up that will walk you through the registration process without having to juggle between browser tabs.
Why do I not see dates for the course(s) I want?
- If the course is Instructor-Led (meaning the course is facilitated by an instructor, and the course has specified start and end dates), then a date may not be listed because we do not have any further sessions of that class scheduled at this time. We schedule classes semi-annually and list the new dates both on this site (on our Instructor-Led Courses page), and in the CEP.
- If the course is Online (meaning it is purely asynchronous and self-paced), then you do not need to wait to take that class. You can start it (and complete it) whenever fits your schedule. Find out more about our online courses, with full descriptions, learning objectives, and target audiences for each course.
Who can register?
Non-credit classes are open to the public. Some may have specific experience or educational requirements or recommendations. If applicable, these will be included in the class description.
When do I have to pay?
Where do I get class materials?
In most cases, class materials are included as part of the registration fee and are provided during the first class. Materials for the PHR/SPHR Exam Preparation course will be shipped to participants (no additional cost) 5-7 days prior to the start of class. If you need to purchase materials separately, this information will be provided in the course description or welcome email from the instructor.
Will I get a record of completion for completing a course?
Yes, unless otherwise specifically stated, you will automatically be emailed a certificate upon successfully completing the course.
How can I verify CEUs from CCE?
To obtain information on qualifying programs for CEU awards or to obtain verification of CEUs for participating in Franklin University sponsored programs, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, mailing and email address, and the name(s) and date(s) of the program(s) you have attended.
What is your cancellation/refund policy?
- The Center for Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel, postpone, limit enrollment, split, or combine classes, and change instructors and room assignments as necessary. If a class is changed or canceled, participants will be contacted as soon as possible and asked whether they would prefer a full refund or their enrollment transfered to another date.
Withdrawing from Instructor-Led Courses
- > 5 days prior to class start date - You will receive a full refund, minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- < 5 days prior to class start date - You will not receive a refund, but you may transfer your enrollment to another date.
Withdrawing from Online Courses
- Since access to online courses is immediate, we cannot offer any refunds for online courses. Please be sure you have read the technical specifications and requirements for online courses prior to registering.
- Please contact Candice Spencer at email@example.com, providing the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Course(s) registered for
- Method of original payment*
- A refund will be issued to you within approximately 2-3 weeks.
Where should I park on Franklin Campus? What amenities are near by?
All face-to-face classes and residencies are held at Franklin University's downtown campus at 201 S. Grant Avenue, Columbus, OH 43205 (View Google Map)
A-F, Parking Lots - Free parking in Lot C
We recommend the two following hotels:
Drury Inn Convention Center
Can I receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for attending a training program?
The Center for Continuing Education provides CEUs based on a formula of 0.1 CEUs for each contact hour (e.g. 15 contact hours is equal to 1.5 CEUs). The number of CEUs to be awarded for any training event will be included in the course description.